More than a pipeline company
Though Coastal GasLink may be new to you, TC Energy is not new to British Columbia. Our Foothills Pipeline System in the southeast part of the province has been operating safely for more than 50 years. You may know us for our natural gas and oil pipelines in Canada, the United States and Mexico, but we also have natural gas storage facilities and nuclear and natural gas power-generation facilities in Canada and the U.S.
With more than 65 years of experience, TC Energy is a leader in the safe and reliable operation of North American energy infrastructure.
Learn more about TC Energy.
- 92,600 km network of natural gas pipelines, supplying more than 25 per cent of the clean-burning natural gas consumed daily across North America to heat homes, fuel industries and generate power
- Moves approximately 20 per cent of western Canadian crude oil through 4,900 km of pipelines, supplying U.S. refining markets in Illinois, Oklahoma, Texas and the U.S. Gulf Coast
- Owns or has interests in 11 power-generation facilities with combined capacity of approximately 6,600 megawatts (MW) – enough to power more than six million homes
- Nearly half of the power we provide is generated from an emission-less nuclear power facility and we are leaders in the development and operation of high efficiency, natural gas-fired generating stations
- Employs approximately 7,000 people in 50 professions, trades and fields
TC Energy Asset Map
Since 2014, TC Energy has sponsored 450+ classroom seats for B.C. students, preparing them for projects like Coastal GasLink.