We understand how important water is to every community. TransCanada chooses its technique for crossing each stream or watercourse based on environmental and engineering studies, and in close collaboration with regulatory agencies. Each crossing design is chosen to support the following objectives:
• Use the most practical construction method with the lowest potential for adverse effects;
• Minimize the amount of time spent working instream;
• Maintain clean water flow;
• Minimize disturbance of watercourse bed and banks;
• Restore riparian areas and crossing approaches;
• Enable safe and efficient construction; and,
• Ensure pipeline integrity and safety.